Saturday, October 4, 2008

Falling in Place, Not Quite

There are times when things just happen out of nowhere and you cannot connect the dots. They say the mind is powerful enough that your thoughts define the events that happen around you. There are also connections, which seem extremely coincidental when they happen. Well when the one writing the script is the be-all and end-all, how else could it be?

Well here is something that happened to me. I am on a professional break and to extend my break, I was supposed to apply for medical leave (as that is only leave that I’ve got). Just on the day before I was supposed to apply for medical leave, I trip and fall and break my metatarsal bone on my leg. So eventually it became medical leave in truth and quite a break (leg) to begin my break (professional). Well thatz not the end of the connections, I go to the orthopedic in a car tinted with shades manufactured by 3M (the company) and I am wearing a POP cast manufactured by 3M. Guess what, I have been working on IT applications for 3M for the last 5+ years and the connection doesn’t want to end quite yet, lol.

So things sometime just fall in place, not quite like I’d have wished to here though. But here I am enjoying every bit of walking like an astronaut with the cast. The other thing that hit me the most is all the warmth with which my friends here have taken care of me that I didn’t feel the pain just one bit and am giggling away as if am wearing this cast for a dress-up.

4 comments:

Sunand said...

true, this happens, simple example is if ur waiting in the bus stop and scribe, when will I get the bus, and I am too late etc etc.. bus will not come... lol.. and if you are happy and not thinking much about it, for your surprise the bus will come and stop in front of you.

kavitha said...

It seems to me that the divine wont even let you lie.....the power of your words is such!!! as the comedian vadivelu would say,"be careful!"

Unknown said...

That's indeed an interesting interference of providence. It is true that all things happen in this world for a reason. Hope you have completely recovered from your leg injury now. Welcome back to work (and blogging) and wish you a splendid innings again.

Unknown said...

more details! :)
and please edit your profile... you are definitely not stupid
Jai Gurudeva!
bawa